Wednesday 8 July 2015

Introduction


Hello everyone, my name is Josef Škrdlík and I am a fellow from the Czech Republic. I am going to participate in the Benjamin Franklin Tranatlantic Fellows Summer Institute for Youth, which takes place at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Fellows from the whole Europe and some U.S. states take part in this program. It comprises of classes, workshops and many cultural and other activities. On this blog, I would like to describe you my experience (hope I have not bored you yet - the best is hopefully going to come in the next few days). The BFTF, which lasts from 27 June till 25 July, has already started. Surprisingly, I am still home in the Czech Republic as I had problems getting a visa to the U.S. My flight is tomorrow, I cannot wait leaving my hometown and finally coming to Winston-Salem. I am afraid I am missing a lot. It is a shame to be stuck for such an apparently stupid looking problem. Fortunately, I already have my visa and can enjoy at least 3/4 of the program, if everything goes according to the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment