Wednesday 8 July 2015

Arrival in Winston-Salem


On Friday morning I could finally set out for the U.S. My flight was long, it took me the whole day, about 17 hours, to get through Dusseldorf and Chicago to Greensboro, my final destination. Len, one of the mentors, picked me up at the airport and took me by his Nissan (made in the USA) to Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem. I had considered this city rather as some insignificant town somewhere in the countryside of North Carolina before Len introduced me with its history. It used to be one of the centers of tobacco industry and it was grounded by Moravians and keeps the old Moravian tradition. It pleased as I am from Moravia. I had not been able to even imagine Moravians being known anywhere else outside of the Czech Republic, but here are obviously pretty famous and popular. My mother would be happy to know it.


It was late night when I arrived, so all the fellows were already in their bedrooms. I met some mentors and got basically recognized about the campus. I met my awesome roommates Sean and Gabin. We had a nice talk, I got the atmosphere of the BFTF that night. Later, I got to know that we were going to Philadelphia the following day. I could not imagine the next traveling after such a long journey. I was exhausted, since it was already morning in my country, and fall asleep.
With Sean after my arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment